August 5, 2008

.

All of my fantasies involving stranger's photo albums are coming true. I guess I never got around to mentioning this because I haven't been this bored as of yet, but now I am, and I'm thinking of all kinds of random things to tell you. Several years ago I had the idea of a Global Photo Album Exchange program. I told my sister all about it and she agreed that it would be so much fun. It's where you send one of your family's photo albums off to a stranger once a month, and you also receive one once a month from somebody else. Like a network of some kind. Imagine getting a tattered old album in the mail one rainy afternoon. Just imagine it. And you look at the return address all scrawled out on the plain brown package and get all excited and go make a cup of coffee and sit down with it. And you spend the next few hours getting lost in some stranger's life. Would you participate in something like this if it existed? My sister commented, how would you make sure you get your own album back? I said, you don't know. It's a risk. So anyway, that was before the internet was all hot and before I knew everyone was already posting their pictures online. But it's just too hard to go sifting thru pages to find something interesting. I still want to create my album exchange program. But until then I've just recently discovered a new way to stay amused for a few hours: just keep hitting "next blog". On this site. I had no idea. No idea! I mean there are photographs from families all over the world! Personal pictures! Not just bland things. Last night I partook in young Chang Liu's first birthday party. I also strolled through some old lady's garden. But NOTHING beats this guy's pics. I don't even know how to describe this page. You will get lost in these photos. It's the most bizarre group of people I have ever seen. It had me laughing so hard. It just gets weirder and weirder. I lost it completely when I came to a picture of several men sitting at a picnic table drinking what appears to be good beer, and this one little girl sitting very unladylike right on top of the crate the rest of the beer is sitting in. I just stared at this picture for a long time and just kept laughing. It looks like some borderline twisted album cover. http://korajskaraja-slike.blogspot.com/ If I find any other funny or strange ones I'll be sure and let you know.